The same type of wine - we are talking about a sweet dessert - has misled me for a long time and probably many of you have asked at least once: "Trentino or Tuscany?". The confusion arises because of a letter that discriminates the origin of the wine: Vino Santo - with the “O” - is produced in Trentino while the Vin Santo - without the “O” - is produced in Tuscany.
- Vin Santo del Chianti DOC
- Vin Santo di Carmignano DOC
- Vin Santo Montepulciano DOC
Also in Tuscany, based on Sangiovese grapes, we find also the following denominations:
- Vin Santo del Chianti Occhio di Pernice DOC
- Vin Santo di Carmignano Occhio di Pernice DOC
- Vin Santo Montepulciano Occhio di Pernice DOC