Trentino Moscato Giallo is a white wine produced in Trentino-South Tyrol with yellow Moscato grapes, whose vineyards are mainly concentrated in the area around Castel Beseno, in Vallagarina. It is possible to find it both dry and sweet.
In the basic version, the color is straw yellow with different intensities, with golden reflections that emerge with aging. The scent is intense, typically aromatic, citrus, sometimes with slight vegetal notes. In wines made with dried grapes in the vineyard, it also acquires light spicy notes. The flavor is delicate and characteristic. It can be dry, abboccato, amabile or sweet depending on the vinification.
Trentino Moscato Giallo is a pleasant and light wine. It should be tasted young in medium-sized glasses. It is good as an aperitif while, in the sweet version, it goes well with dry pastries or fruit desserts such as the classic apple strudel.
- registration: 1971 DOC
- denominazione: Trentino DOC
- category: white wine
- carbon dioxide: still
- residual sugar: dry, sweet
- Moscato Giallo
- Moscato Giallo Liquoroso
- Moscato Giallo Superiore
- Moscato Giallo Vendemmia Tardiva
- Moscato Giallo 100%
- Quintals of grapes per hectare: 120
- Hectoliters of wine per quintal: 0,7
- Hectoliters of wine per hectare: 84
- M. Giallo: 10,5%
- M. Giallo Superiore: 12,0%
- M. Giallo Liquoroso: 15,0%
- M. Giallo Vendemmia Tardiva: 15,0%
- temperature: 10°C / 50°F
- glass: medium wine glass
- longevity: 2-5 years