Trentino Moscato Rosa DOC, locally called Moscato delle Rose, is an aromatic red wine produced with Moscato Rosa grapes. It belongs to the designation Trentino DOC, but it is cultivated only in a limited number of vineyards, just over 7 hectares, mostly in the Valle dell'Adige.
It is known for its pleasant sweetness and softness, as its grapes are subjected to a short drying before crushing; it can be further improved with a late harvest or with the addition of alcohol. It can be bottled, at the discretion of the producer, either in the classic Bordeaux bottles or in the traditional “Pulcianella” or “Bocksbeutel” amphorae.
The color ranges from cherry red to ruby red. The scent is delicate, pleasant and spicy, reminiscent of the typical Moscato aroma. The taste is full and soft, the sweetness is discreet.
Trentino Moscato Rosa DOC is a sweet red wine; it goes well with red fruit tarts, dry pastries in general, spicy cakes - like poppy seed strudel - and soft blue cheese. It is also ideal as a meditation wine.
- Trentino Moscato Rosa
- Trentino Moscato Rosa Liquoroso
- Trentino Moscato Rosa Superiore
- Trentino Moscato Rosa Superiore Vendemmia Tardiva
- Moscato Rosa 85-100%
- other local grapes 0-15%
- grapes: 80, 60 (S) quintals/hectare
- wine: 48, 36 (S) hectoliters/hectare
(S) = Superiore typology
- Moscato Rosa Superiore: 10 months
- Moscato Rosa Superiore Vendemmia Tardiva: 12 months
- Moscato Rosa: 11,0%
- Moscato Rosa Liquoroso: 15,0%
- Moscato Rosa Superiore: 11,0%
- Moscato Rosa Superiore Vendemmia Tardiva: 11,0%
- temperature: 12-14°C / 54-57°F
- glass: small wine glass
- longevity: 5-10 years